Header 2

"I have found out there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them." Mark Twain

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Carnival Transatlantic Cruise Bargains

I've always had a fascination with the idea of taking a transatlantic cruise. The idea of crossing an entire ocean just seems like in incredible adventure--even on a luxury cruise ship. This is a trip that puts you in pretty exclusive company.

You would think such a long cruise would be a hugely expensive trip to make (my mother made the crossing once on the QEII and it was a pretty price trip then), but I've been looking at the Carnival Cruise site lately and I'm pretty shocked at how affordable a 15-day transatlantic jaunt can be. You can cruise aboard the Carnival Legend from Tampa to Europe, with stops in the Bahamas, Bermuda, Portugal and Spain (terminating in Barcelona) for as low as $629 (interior room) to $799 for a balcony room, per person. Considering that cruises include your room and meals and tons of entertainment (most included in the cruise price), that seems like quite a bargain. Of course, 15 days aboard a ship is quite a long time, but think of this great benefit: you only unpack once! And if, like me, you'd love to escape from your normal routine for a while and be pampered along the way, a cruise--any cruise--is something to consider!

By the way, feel free to leave comments or your post your experiences cruising. It's been a while since I've been on a cruise, but I have to tell you, seeing Bermuda rise up from the sea at dawn with a cup of tea in my hand was quite an experience!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't think I'd like cruising. I am one of those people who really likes to explore my destination. Me and my camera that is. Turns out though with cruising, there's so much I don't have to worry about. I don't have to worry about where I'm staying, what I'm eating, or where I'm going. It's as you say, you unpack once and voila. And I've found in many of the caribbean cruises, some of the places you stop, you really wouldn't need more than a day at anyhow. So I'm with you...I'm all for cruising. My next cruise is this Oct from NY to Quebec City and all sorts of stops in between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn, Yeah I have to agree with everything that you've said. The other cool thing about cruising is that, particularly if you're docking in an interesting or pretty area, is that you get an amazing aerial view from upper decks that you just can't get otherwise. I docked once in Hamilton, Bermuda, on Front Street, and the view is so cool from up there. I hate heights, so it took me a bit of getting used to (and then some!), but I loved the shots. I have friends that just did the NY to QC cruise, by the way, and they had a blast. I'd love to do it one day! And you're going to see some cool ports in autumn! Have fun! Send me a photo and I'll post it. jeff

      Delete